1) All exhibits and displays need appropriate signage.
2) Exhibits and displays should be scheduled and planned well in advance. Individuals or organizations that wish to display art in the Becker Gallery must submit a written request to the library liaison to the art department (Allen Reichert).
3) Exhibitions and displays must last at least one week and may not run longer than one year.
4) Publicity for exhibitions and displays will be provided by the library marketing committee. The library may also work with the University relations office or other divisions to publicize the display.
5) Installation and removal of the display will be the responsibility of the exhibitor or exhibiting organization and will be at a time and in a manner specified under the Agreement and Terms of Display. Artists will be responsible for installing their work.
6) Security is limited since the library is an open building. Besides the locked display cases, nothing can be secured. However, if requested, security strips can be added that set off an alarm when taken out of the building.
7) Insurance will be provided by Otterbein University in the event of unforeseen damage to an exhibitor’s work. However, an inventory must be provided listing each title with its value before or when the exhibit/display is first mounted in order for the insurance policy to take effect. Please contact the art liaision Allen Reichert for an inventory sheet.
8) The library supports the principle of artistic and intellectual freedom. However, all proposals should be circumspect, considering the nature and function of the library. Final decisions about all materials displayed are subject to the discretion of the library director. Any complaints about exhibits or displays are to be addressed to the director in writing.
9) Suggestions for displays and requests for exhibitions are welcome. Please contact the coordinator, Allen Reichert. There is no guarantee that the suggestions will be used, and disagreements will be referred to the Library Director.